Monday, March 24, 2014

The PCS Roller Coaster

I don't know how it works for all military families, but especially as my hubby's age and rank have increased, the less control we seem to have over assignments.  (Not sure we ever had any, but it's certain we have none now.)

The last 10 months have brought an onslaught of "PCS opportunities."  People higher up trying to match my hubby to a new job.  "You might be moving here."  "Yep, it looks promising." "Nope, not right now." "Looks like you will be going here.  It looks really good."  "Nevermind." "You are definitely going here.  99.9% sure."  "Umm...so...about your assignment.  It's in question."  "You're going here.  Really."

Are you nauseous from all the loop-the-loops?  Me too.  My high-flying husband rocks.  He tries not to tell me anything I don't have to know so I don't need antacids to make it through each day.  He just goes to work, focused on the task at hand and works as unto the Lord and not for man.  Integrity.  6-handsome-feet of it.  I am so proud of him.  

As for this crazy roller coaster, well, someone mail me a pack of tums and I'll enjoy the ride. It is always a memorable adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment