We had the pleasure of having more guests pop in to visit last week. The Mcs are a sweet couple from our church in ND who we met over a decade ago. They left ND to do mission work here in Europe, first in Lithuania, and now in Germany. We enjoyed every minute of our time catching up with them! To introduce them to a bit of Brussels life, the dandelions and I took them downtown to Grand Place, then ended our outing with hot chocolate at Neuhaus.
THIS is no ordinary hot chocolate, y'all. Oh.my.deliciousness! The pictures are bit blurry because the 2 year old took most of them, and I failed to get any of the actual drinks, but let me just describe this experience for you... (Be warned, you will immediately want to buy a plane ticket to come see us have some of this chocolatey goodness.)
You sit at a quaint sidewalk table and order Belgian Hot Chocolate, from Neuhaus, THE premier Belgian chocolate maker. They bring out China cups on saucers with a delicate biscuit (european cookie), then they serve you a tea pot with thick, rich, melted chocolate. Next, they bring out a second tea pot with steaming hot milk and a side cup of fresh whipped cream. You mix the chocolate and milk to your liking and top it with a dollop of cream. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.
Time with friends and amazing hot chocolate...this will definitely be one of my favorite memories of Brussels!


We certainly enjoyed our time with all of you! Thank you.
ReplyDelete