We've officially been in Belgium for one month. Wow.
This week has no photos to accompany it, but we moved out of our apartment and moved into our house. Yay! We received loaner beds and a dining set from the near by air base. We also received our 1,000 lb UAB shipment. Our car and our HHG aren't projected to arrive till the very end of the month, so I am thankful we maxed out our unaccompanied air baggage.
Alan also accomplished getting more IDs, and took and passed his local driving test, meaning we could finally register the car we bought. Now we wait two more weeks for license plates, then we can get rid of our money sucking renault rental car. HOORAY!
We're loving our garden. Otherwise, the house needs some TLC and screams 1989. I am pretty sure the grout hasn't been cleaned since the 20th century, so we will be blessing our landlords with a few minor repairs and fresh paint. Alan has a lot of IKEA shelving to build, as there are ZERO closets...but we're grateful to be here and when our stuff all arrives and we can settle into it feeling like home, I won't care that I have peach toilets. We're in Europe; I am not here to look at my water closets. My mantra of the week has been, "Thank you, Lord, for my beautiful garden."
No comments:
Post a Comment